- Dr Amit Maydeo is currently associated as the Director and Chief of Gastroenterology and Therapeutic Endoscopy at Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Mumbai.
- He is a renowned Gastroenterologist and Therapeutic Endoscopist with vast experience of more than 32 years.
- Currently, he is also associated with Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai as a Consultant of Gastroenterology.
- Dr Maydeo is a pioneer of Therapeutic Endoscopy and Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography in India.
- He is also the Pioneer of Video-Endoscopy and Interventional Endoscopy in India.
- He is the first Doctor to introduce the Submucosal Tunnel Endoscopic Resection (STER), Anti-Reflux Mucosectomy (ARMS), and Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM) procedures in India.
- He has more than 150 Research Papers and Articles published in many National and International peer-reviewed Journals.
- Dr Maydeo has written chapters in 7 textbooks on GI Endoscopy and related topics.
- He has been awarded the Outstanding Reviewer Award from GIE for the past four consecutive years.
- He has been a visiting faculty for over 100 Endoscopy Workshops worldwide and has conducted more than 20 International LIVE Endoscopy Workshops in Mumbai.
- Dr Maydeo is an esteemed teacher and runs a popular Endoscopy Training Institute called the Endoscopy Gurukul, where aspiring young Endoscopists from India and Abroad are taught basic and advanced GI Endoscopic Procedures.
- He is the President of the Association of Interventional GI Endoscopy of India and the Indian College of Endoscopy Editorial Board – GIE & Endoscopy
- He is an honourable member of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG) and the Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Dr Maydeo is credited with establishing the first Endoscopic Centre in India, the Baldota Institute of Digestive Sciences, which is considered the most modern Gastroenterology and Endoscopic Centre in India.
Dr Amit Maydeo
Book Your Appointment
Degree: MBBS, MS (General Surgery)
Experience: 32 years of experience
About Dr Amit Maydeo
List of Treatments
- GERD Management
- IBS and other Functional Disorders of the Gut
- Colonic Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Pancreato-Biliary Cancers
- Chronic Hepatitis B and C
- Treatment for Common Bile Duct Stone
- Fulminant Liver Failure
- Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy
- Variceal Banding
- Glue Injection into Gastric Varices
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Stricture Dilatation
- PEG Insertion
- Oesophagal Stenting
- Duodenal Stenting
- Colonic Stenting
- Interventional Biliary and Pancreatic Endoscopies
- Endoscopic Pancreatic Necrosectomy
- Endoscopic Pancreatic Pseudocyst Drainage
- Submucosal Tunnel Endoscopic Resection
- Anti-Reflux Mucosectomy
- Endotherapy of Chronic Pancreatitis