- Dr Anil Karapurkar is currently associated as the Senior Consultant of Neurosurgery and Endovascular Neurosurgery at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai.
- He holds a thriving experience of more than 51 years in the field of Neurosurgery and Endovascular Neurosurgery.
- Currently, he is also associated as a Senior Consultant of Neurosurgery at S L Raheja Hospital, Mahim and Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Additionally, Dr Karapurkar is a Visiting Professor at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Karnataka and Madurai Medical College, Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
- He is a teaching faculty at Mumbai University, Maharashtra and an Examiner for MCh and DNB Neurosurgery Students.
- He has been the past President of the Asian Australasian Federation of Interventional & Therapeutic Neuroradiology (AAFITN) and the Cerebrovascular Society of India.
- Dr Karapurkar is an Advisor Technical Standards and Ethics for the World Federation of Interventional & Therapeutic Neuroradiology (WFITN).
- He has received his training in Endovascular Procedures from Nancy, France, under Prof. Luc Picard, the doyen of Neurointervention.
- He has authored several Chapters in many Books and has published numerous Articles in many reputed peer-reviewed Journals.
- Dr Karapurkar holds the professional membership of various reputed Medical Associations, such as the Neurological Society of India (NSI), the Neurological Surgeon’s Society Of India (NSSI), the Indian Academy of Neurology (IAN), the Asian Australasian Federation of Interventional & Therapeutic Neuroradiology (AAFITN), and the World Federation of Interventional & Therapeutic Neuroradiology (WFITN).
Dr Anil Karapurkar
Book Your Appointment
Degree: MBBS, MS (Gen. Surg.), MCh (Neurosurgery)
Experience: 51 years of experience
About Dr Anil Karapurkar
More about Dr Anil Karapurkar
- MBBS- Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College & Sasson General Hospital, Pune, Maharashtra
- MS (General Surgery)- Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Charitable Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MCh (Neurosurgery)- King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Fellowship (Endovascular Procedures)- Fondation Ophtalmologique Adolphe de Rothschild, Paris, France (under Prof. Picard and Prof. Jacques Moret)
List of Treatments
- Brain AVMs
- Acute Stroke Management
- Prevention of Stroke
- Stenting Intracranial and Extracranial Arteries of Cerebral Circulation
- Embolization of Intracranial and Juxtacranial Tumours
- Surgery for Spinal Tumours
- Surgery for Acoustic Neurinoma
- Surgery for Schwannoma
- Arnold Chiari Malformation
- Surgery for Metastases
- Cavernous Malformations
- Management of Cerebral Ischemia
- Cerebrovascular Surgery
- Cranial Neurological Surgery
- Brain Arterio-Venous Malformations and Fistulas
- Management of Neoplasms such as Meningiomas
- Surgery for Glomus Tumours
- Surgery for Paragangliomas
- Prevention of Stroke with Angioplasty and Stenting of Carotid and Vertebral Arteries in the Neck and Intracranial Arteries
- Acute Venous Stroke with Thrombolysis
- Spinal Cord AVMs and AVFs
- Management of Spinal Neoplasms
- Vertebroplasty for Compression Fractures and Neoplasms