- Dr Dattaraya Muzumdar is currently associated as the Senior Consultant of Adult and Paediatric Neurosurgery at Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Mumbai.
- Currently, he is also associated with S L Raheja Hospital, Mahim, Mumbai as a Consultant of Adult and Paediatric Neurosurgery.
- He is a renowned Neuro Surgeon with vast experience of more than 33 years.
- Dr Muzumdar has popularized the regular use of ‘Intraoperative Electrocorticography’ while performing Epilepsy Surgery.
- He was the Surgical Counterpart of the first comprehensive Epilepsy Surgery Care Program in Western India and has successfully performed more than 600 Epilepsy Surgery Cases between 2001 and 2019.
- He is the founder member of the Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology (ISNO).
- Dr Muzumdar has been an International Ambassador for the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, USA.
- He is an honourable member of other prestigious societies such as the Neurological Society of India (NSI), the National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS), the Indian Society for Paediatric Neurosurgery (ISPN), the Bombay Neurosciences Association (BNA), the Indian Medical Association (IMA), the International Society for Paediatric Neurosurgery (ISPN), the Association of Medical Consultants (AMC), and the British Council Library.
- He is an Associate Member of the Indian Society of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery (ISSFN).
- Dr Muzumdar has been an Editorial Board Member of several reputed National and International Journals.
- He has more than 180 Papers published in numerous National and International Journals.
- He has written over 25 Book Chapters in various Neurosurgery Textbooks.
- Dr Muzumdar has received his Advanced Training in Epileptology and Epilepsy Surgery from London Health Sciences Center, London, Ontario, Canada.
- He has received his training in Advanced Minimally Invasive Skull Base Surgery and Endoscopic Procedures from the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, USA.
Dr Dattaraya Muzumdar
Book Your Appointment
Degree: MBBS, MS, MCh (Neurosurgery)
Experience: 33 years of experience
About Dr Dattaraya Muzumdar
More about Dr Dattaraya Muzumdar
- MBBS- King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MS (General Surgery)- King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MCh (Neurosurgery)- King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- DNB (Neurosurgery)- National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- Clinical Fellowship (Paediatric Neurosurgery)- Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Canada
- UICC Fellow (Craniofacial Surgery)- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
- Fellowship (General Surgery)- College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai
- Fellowship- International College of Surgeons, USA
- Fellowship- American College of Surgeons, USA
- Fellowship- Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
List of Treatments
- Emergency Craniotomies
- Posterior Fossa
- Microsurgery for Malignant Gliomas
- Meningiomas for Other Benign Conditions
- Shunts for Hydrocephalus
- Laminectomies for Degenerative Conditions
- Brain Tumour Surgery
- Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery
- Craniovertebral Junction Abnormalities
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Management of Head Injury
- Pituitary Tumours Surgery
- Spine Tumours Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Lumbar TLIF
- Anterior Temporal Lobectomy
- Corpus Callosotomy
- Lesionectomy using Intraoperative Electrocorticography