- Dr Gauresh Palekar is currently associated as the Senior Consultant of Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement Surgeries at Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai.
- He is a renowned Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement Surgeon with vast experience of more than 25 years.
- Currently, he is also associated with New Age Wockhardt Hospitals, Mumbai Central, and Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research CentreSir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai as a Consultant of Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement Surgeries.
- He has served at the Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, a consistently ranked No1 Joints Replacement Surgery Hospital in the US.
- Dr Palekar is an honourable member of the National Osteonecrosis Foundation, US.
- He is the First Surgeon in India who used Stem Cells for Avascular Necrosis of Hip.
- He is an active exponent of Minimal Tissue Trauma Surgery (MTTS), which enables the patient to walk the same day of Surgery and helps early return to normal activities.
- Dr Palekar has received his advanced training in Hip Arthroplasty from Bangkok, Thailand.
- He has received AO training in Fracture Management.
- He has received his training in Basic Arthroscopy from the Arthroscopy Society of India.
- He received his training in Arthroplasty from the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK.
- Dr Palekar has received his training in Microsurgery from the Indian Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery.
- He received training in Cadaveric Flap Dissection and JESS Fixation from the Bombay Orthopedic Society.
- He is an honourable member of the National Osteonecrosis Foundation (Baltimore, US), the Bombay Orthopaedic Society, the Indian Arthroscopy Society, the Maharastra Orthopaedic Society, and the Indian Orthopaedic Society.
- Dr Palekar is an invited faculty at numerous National and International Medical Conferences and Seminars.
Dr Gauresh Palekar
Book Your Appointment
Degree: MBBS, MS (Ortho.), DNB (Ortho.)
Experience: 25 years of experience
About Dr Gauresh Palekar
More about Dr Gauresh Palekar
- MBBS- Grant Government Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- MS (Orthopaedics)- Topiwala National Medical College and B. Y. L. Nair Charitable Hospital, Mumbai
- Diploma (Orthopaedics)- College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai
- DNB (Orthopaedics)- National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- Fellowship- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, US
- Fellowship- College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai
List of Treatments
- Management of Avascular Necrosis of Femoral Head
- Autologous Stem Cell-Derived Osteoblasts in AVN
- Management of Geriatric Trauma in Osteoporotic Fractures
- Total and Unilateral Knee Replacement
- Total Elbow Replacement
- Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Knee Arthroplasty
- Hip Arthroplasty
- Pelvic Acetabular Surgeries
- High Flex Knee Replacement
- Cemented Total Hip Replacement
- Cementless Total Hip Replacement (THR) Surgery
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Hemi Shoulder Replacement
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement
- Primary and Revision Joint Replacement Surgeries