- Dr. Girinath M R is currently associated as the Head of Cardiac Thoracic Surgery at Apollo Hospital, Greams Road, Chennai.
- Dr. Girinath is the finest Cardiac Thoracic Surgeon with a thriving experience of 45 years.
- He completed his MBBS from Madras University, Chennai. Further, he did MS in General Surgery and MCh in Cardio-Thoracic Surgery from AIIMS, Delhi.
- He additionally did fellowships in Cardiac Surgery from Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Melbourne, Australia and Indian Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
- He has performed over 25,000 open-heart surgeries in the last 16 years.
- He was instrumental in establishing surgeries like Coronary Bypass Surgery and Heart Valve Surgery in India, for which earlier patients had to go abroad to avail this facility.
- He has trained around 30 Cardiac Surgeons in India, who, together, perform 20% of the Cardiac Surgeries done in the nation today.
- He has been crucial in setting up Heart Surgery Units in Mauritius, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and India at Ahmedabad, Nagpur, and Bhopal.
- He is the first surgeon to perform a Complex Congenital Heart Defect Surgery on a child below one year.
- He is the first Indian surgeon to carry out a heart and lung machine-supported Coronary Angioplasty.
- He has presented more than 275 papers and has delivered around 20 orations at National and International Conferences.
Dr Girinath M R
Book Your Appointment
About Dr Girinath M R
More about Dr Girinath M R
- MBBS- Madras University, Chennai
- MS (General Surgery)- AIIMS, Delhi
- MCh (Cardio-Thoracic Surgery)- AIIMS, Delhi
- Fellowship- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Melbourne, Australia
- Fellowship- Indian Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
List of Treatments
- CABG Surgery
- Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty
- Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Mitral Valve Replacement