- Dr. J K A Jameel is presently working as the Senior Consultant of Bariatric Minimal Access Obesity Surgery at Apollo Hospital, Greams Road, Chennai.
- Dr. Jameel is a renowned Bariatric Surgeon with a vast experience of 20 years.
- He completed his MBBS from Stanley Medical College, Chennai. After that, he underwent special training in UK for almost 14 years, where he did several fellowships from prestigious institutions like Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, University of Hull and General Medical Council.
- His areas of specialization include Bariatric Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, GI surgery, Minimal Access Surgery, Gastric Cancer Surgery and Colon surgery.
- He serves as the examiner for MRCS exams conducted by Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- He is a registered member of institutions like American College of Surgeons (ACS), World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS), Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI), International College of Surgeons (ICS), Chicago, USA, Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons (IAGES), Indian Medical Association (IMA), Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterologists (IASG), Hernia Society of India (HSI), and Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS), Singapore.
- He has published several clinical articles and has presented his work in Scientific Conferences in India and overseas.
Dr J K A Jameel
Book Your Appointment
About Dr J K A Jameel
More about Dr J K A Jameel
- MBBS- Stanley Medical College, Chennai
- MRCS- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- MRCS- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, UK
- MSc- University of Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
- FRCS (General Surgery)- Intercollegiate Specialty Board, Royal College of Surgeons, UK
- CCT- General Medical Council, UK
- FICS (GI & Bariatric Surgery)- International College of Surgeons, Chicago, USA
- FACS- American College of Surgeons
List of Treatments
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Lap Band Surgery
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Intragastric/Gastric Balloon Placement
- Malabsorptive Surgery