- Dr. Jameel Akhter is presently working as the Senior Consultant of General Surgery at Apollo Hospital, Greams Road, Chennai.
- Dr. Akhter is a celebrated General Surgeon with a rich experience of 18 years.
- He completed his MBBS and MS in General Surgery from Sri Ramchandra Medical College, Chennai. Further, he did fellowships in Laparoscopic Surgery from prestigious institutions like the Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons, International College of Surgeons and Association of Surgeons of India.
- He underwent training in Abdominal Wall Hernia Repair at Cleveland Clinic, USA.
- He performs a wide range of surgeries such as Cholecystectomy, Anterior Resection, Hemicolectomy, Breast Cancer Surgery, Thyroidectomy, Stapler Haemorrhoidectomy, Anal Fissure Surgery and Appendicectomy.
- He is a dedicated teacher and serves as DNB faculty.
- He holds membership of associations like the Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES), Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI) and Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS).
- He was honoured with Dainik Bhaskar Award for Outstanding Surgeon.
Dr Jameel Akhter
Book Your Appointment
About Dr Jameel Akhter
More about Dr Jameel Akhter
- MBBS- Sri Ramchandra Medical College, Chennai
- MS (General Surgery)- Sri Ramchandra Medical College, Chennai
- Fellowship- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons
- Fellowship- International College of Surgeons
- Fellowship- Association of Surgeons of India
List of Treatments
- Laparoscopic Hernia
- Anterior Resection
- Breast Cancer Surgery
- Stapler Haemorrhoidectomy
- Abdominal Pain Treatment
- Gastritis Treatment
- Constipation Treatment
- Intestine Surgery
- Fistula Treatment
- Anal Fissure Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Wound Management
- Gastrointestinal Surgery