- Dr Muffazal Lakdawala is currently associated as the Director in the Department of Bariatric and Minimal Access Surgery at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai.
- He is a renowned General, Minimal Access, and Bariatric Surgeon with vast experience of more than 30 years.
- Dr Lakdawala is the first surgeon to get the Center for Excellence (ICE) for Bariatric Surgery in India, certified by the Surgical Review Corp, USA.
- He has been a Board Member of the prestigious Asian Endo-Surgery Task Force.
- Dr Lakdawala is the only Surgeon in India who has demonstrated Live Surgeries in all the countries of Asia and the Middle East.
- He is an honourable member of the Japanese and Korean Societies of Surgery.
- Dr Lakdawala is the Honorary Surgeon to the Vice-President of India, Mr Venkaiah Naidu.
- From 2017-2019, he has served as the President of the Asia Pacific Chapter of the International Federation of the Surgery for Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO).
- Dr Lakdawala has more than 20 International Research papers published in many peer-reviewed journals to his credit.
- Currently, he also serves as a Professor Emeritus of Minimal Access Surgery at Topiwala National Medical College & B. Y. L. Nair Charitable Hospital.
Dr Muffazal Lakdawala
Book Your Appointment
About Dr Muffazal Lakdawala
More about Dr Muffazal Lakdawala
- MBBS- Grant Government Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MS (General Surgery)- Topiwala National Medical College & B. Y. L. Nair Charitable Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Fellowship (Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery)- University of Ghent Hospital in Belgium
- Fellowship (Bariatric Surgery)- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA (with Dr Raul Rosenthal)
- Fellowship (Advanced Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery)- Seoul, Korea (with Prof. Seon Hahn Kim)
List of Treatments
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass
- Mini Gastric Bypass
- SG-DJB (Sleeve Gastrectomy with DuodenoJejunal Bypass)
- SGPJB (Sleeve Gastrectomy with Proximal Jejunal Bypass)
- Revision Bariatric Surgery
- LSG (Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy)
- LRYGB (Laparoscopic Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass)
- Transabdominal Preperitoneal Repair (TAPP)
- Totally Intraperitoneal Repair (TEP)
- Extended Totally Extraperitoneal Repair (eTEP)
- Transverses Abdominis Muscle Release (TAR)
- Intraperitoneal Onlay Mesh (IPOM)
- Advanced Endoscopy and Colonoscopy
- Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Hydatid Cyst Removal (Laparoscopic Liver Surgery)
- Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Puestow’s Procedure
- Laparoscopic Splenectomy
- Video-Assisted Thoracoscopy (VATSs)
- Laparoscopic Whipple’s Surgery
- Stomach Cancer Surgery
- Large and Small Intestine Cancer Surgery