- Dr. Nandkumar Sundaram is presently working as the HOD & Senior Consultant of Orthopaedics at Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai.
- Dr. Sundaram is a renowned Orthopaedician with a vast experience of 35 years.
- He completed his MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune and MSc in Orthopaedics from University of London, UK.
- He has performed more than 15000 knee and hip replacement surgeries.
- He was the first orthopaedician in the country to pioneer the art of Total Shoulder Replacement Surgery.
- He was indispensable in setting up a Bone bank, the first of its kind in India.
- He was a special surgeon to late president Mr. K R Narayanan and late prime minister Mr. V P Singh.
- His expertise lies in Knee and Hip Replacement, Paediatric Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Oncology and Orthopedic Trauma Surgeries.
- He is an active member of several prestigious organizations like Indian Medical Council, British Orthopaedic Association, Indian Orthopaedic Association, Indian Arthroscopy Society and Indian Arthroplasty Association.
- He served as the examiner for DNB (Orthopaedics) at Bone and Joint Hospital, Chennai, and for PhD examinations at Sastras University, Tanjore.
- He was conferred the Al-Saati Gold Medal for outstanding performance by University of London, UK.
Dr Nandkumar Sundaram
Book Your Appointment
About Dr Nandkumar Sundaram
List of Treatments
- Knee and Hip Replacement
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Post-polio limb deformity correction
- Club Foot
- Congenital Hip Dislocation
- Perthe’s Disease
- Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Total Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Knee Arthroscopy
- ACL Reconstruction
- Hand Surgery