- Dr Pradeep Rao is currently associated as the Director and Head of Urology and Renal Transplant at Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Mumbai.
- He is a notable Urologist and Renal Transplant Surgeon with vast experience of more than 31 years.
- Currently, he is also associated with Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai as a Consultant of Urology and Renal Transplant.
- Dr Rao is one of the earliest Urologists who started performing Laparoscopy in India.
- He has received his training in Robotic Surgery from Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital, Nadiad, Gujarat and the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California.
- He has been a faculty at Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital, Nadiad, Gujarat and Jayramdas Patel Academic Centre, Nadiad, Gujarat.
- Dr Rao is an Honorary Urologist at King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai, for training residents in Laparoscopy.
- His areas of expertise and interest are Endourology, Laparoscopic Surgery, Robotic Surgery, Renal Transplant, Management of Stone Disease, and Laparoscopic & Robotic Uro-Oncology.
- In May 2007, he performed the first-ever Single Port Nephrectomy (among other Single Port Cases) using the R-Port and was credited with being a pioneer of this technology.
- Dr Rao started the first successful Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy program at Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Parel, Mumbai.
- He has been invited to demonstrate Live Surgeries and Lectures in Colombia, the USA, Japan, South Korea, China, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Germany, Venezuela, Brazil, Vietnam, Japan, and Singapore.
- He is frequently invited as a faculty and participant at most major National and International Meetings and Conferences.
- Dr Rao has more than 30 publications in many peer-reviewed Journals.
- He has been a Guest Editor of the Indian Journal of Urology.
- He is on the editorial board of the Journal of Endourology and has authored many chapters in various books.
Dr Pradeep Rao
Book Your Appointment
Degree: MBBS, DNB (Gen. Surgery), DNB (Urology)
Experience: 31 years of experience
About Dr Pradeep Rao
More about Dr Pradeep Rao
- MBBS- Grant Government Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- DNB (General Surgery)- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital And Medical College, Sion, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- DNB (Urology)- Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital, Nadiad, Gujarat
- Fellowship- The Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
- Honorary Fellowship (Urology)- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
- Visiting Fellowship (Laparoscopic Urology)- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA (with Dr Inderbir Gill)
- Visiting Fellowship (Paediatric Urology)- Southwestern Children’s Hospital, USA (with Dr Warren Snodgrass)
- Visiting Fellowship (Reconstructive Urology)- University of California, California, USA
List of Treatments
- Kidney Transplantation
- Management of Urinary Calculi
- Diagnostic Cystourethroscopy
- Retrograde Pyelogram
- Visual Internal Urethrotomy
- Transurethral of Prostate
- Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumor
- Ureteroscopic Calculus Extraction
- Ureteroscopic Management of Ureteral Strictures
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy
- Percutaneous Endopyelotomy
- Vesico-Vaginal Fistulas
- Hypospadias Correction
- Ureteral Reimplantation
- Continent Urinary Diversions
- Augmentation Cystoplasty
- Repair of Ureteral Trauma during Gynaecological Surgeries
- Radical Surgery for Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Visual Laser Ablation of Prostate
- Laser Internal Urethrotomy
- Laser Ablation of Bladder Tumour
- Laser Ablation of Hemangioma
- Laparoscopic Varicocele Ligation
- Laparoscopic Renal Cyst Marsupilization
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic Orchidopexy
- Laparoscopic Orchidectomy