- Dr Prasad Raj Dandekar is currently associated as the Head in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai.
- He is a renowned Radiation Oncologist with vast experience of more than 20 years.
- Dr Dandekar is a key contributor in setting up and heading new Departments of Radiation Oncology at renowned institutions, including Narayana Hrudayalaya (Bangalore), Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital (Mumbai), and Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre (Mumbai).
- In 2015, he pioneered Surface Guided Radiotherapy in India.
- In 2010, Dr Dandekar was one of the first adopters of the Precision Radiotherapy Technique- Rapid Arc in India.
- In 2014, he was the first Radiation Oncologist who designed and ran a Radiation Oncology Department in a completely digital and paperless manner.
- Dr Dandekar regularly organises multiple Oncology Conferences with National and International collaborations.
- He is an executive committee member of the Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology.
- Dr Dandekar regularly appears in television and print media to advocate social change in the field of Radiation Oncology.
Dr Prasad Raj Dandekar
Book Your Appointment
About Dr Prasad Raj Dandekar
More about Dr Prasad Raj Dandekar
- MBBS- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital And Medical College, Sion, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD (Radiation Oncology)- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- DNB (Radiation Oncology)- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Fellowship (Head & Neck Cancers)- The Royal Marsden NHS Trust Hospital, London, UK
- Kamal Nayan Bajaj Fellowship- Ananta Aspen Centre
List of Treatments
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Stereotactic Radio Therapy (SRT)
- Adaptive Radiation Therapy (ART)
- PET Based Radiotherapy Planning
- Radiation Therapy
- PET Scan
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- Linear accelerator therapy
- Novalis Radiation Therapy
- Truebeam Radiation Therapy
- Ablation Therapy
- Proton Therapy