- Dr Prashanth Rao is currently associated as the Director and Chief of Gastrointestinal & Minimal Access Surgery, GI Onco-Surgery, and Bariatric Surgery at Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Mumbai.
- Currently, he is also associated as a Consultant of GI Minimal Access Surgery, Onco-Surgery and Bariatric Surgery at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- He has a thriving experience of more than 29 years in the field of Gastrointestinal & Minimal Access Surgery, GI Onco-Surgery.
- Dr Rao has visited and conducted several National and International Conferences and Workshops.
- He is a pioneer in performing Single Port Laparoscopic Surgery.
- He has conducted many training labs for the Society of American Gastro Endo Surgeons (SAGES) to teach Single Port Surgery.
- Dr Rao has delivered numerous lectures in numerous countries, including Australia, Vietnam, China, the USA, Brazil, France, and Athens.
- He has demonstrated a Live Laparoscopic Surgery in the Guangzhou First People’s Hospital, Guangzhou, China.
- He is an Executive Committee Member and Founder Member of the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI).
- Dr Rao is the Founder Member of the Indian Chapter of the International Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Association.
- He is an honourable Executive Member of the Indian Association of Gastroendosurgeon, the Associations of Surgeons of India, the Indian Medical Association, and the Association of Medical Consultants.
- He is a Professor and teacher for the Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (FMAS) Course conducted by the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) at Gleneagles Global Hospital, Parel, Mumbai.
- Dr Rao has more than 40 peer-reviewed publications in numerous reputed National and International Journals and over 3 Book Chapters in prominent books on Laparoscopic Surgery.
Dr Prashanth Rao
Book Your Appointment
Degree: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), DNB
Experience: 29 years of experience
About Dr Prashanth Rao
More about Dr Prashanth Rao
- MBBS- Topiwala National Medical College & B. Y. L. Nair Charitable Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MS (General Surgery)- King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Fellowship- Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK
- DNB (General Surgery)- National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- Diploma (Laparoscopic Surgery)- Louis Pasteur University, France
- Fellowship- Indian Association of Gastro-Endosurgeons
- Fellowship (Minimal Access Surgery)- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, Maharashtra
- Fellowship- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Fellowship- International College of Surgeons, USA
List of Treatments
- Basic and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Liver and Pancreatic Resections
- Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis
- Reoperative Surgery
- Repair of Bile Duct Injury
- Surgery for Portal Hypertension
- Surgery in Chronic Liver Disease
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Oesophagus Cancer Surgery
- Stomach Cancer Surgery
- Cystic Lesions of the Pancreas
- Surgery for Corrosive Stricture Esophagus
- Laparoscopic Surgery for GERD
- Laparoscopic Surgery Hiatus Hernia
- Laparoscopic Surgery Achalasia Cardia
- Heller Myotomy (Cardiomyotomy)
- Single Port Laparoscopic Surgery