- Dr Rakesh Katna is currently associated as the Senior Consultant of Surgical Oncology at Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai.
- Currently, he is also associated with Bombay Hospital & Medical Research Centre, Mumbai as a Consultant of Surgical Oncology.
- He holds vast experience of more than 18 years in Surgical Oncology.
- He has performed more than 2000 Onco-Surgeries with an excellent rate of success.
- Dr Katna has received his Clinical Training in Head & Neck Surgery from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- He has received his training in Endoscopic Thyroid Surgery from the National Centre Of Endocrinology, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- He has gained Surgical training in Transoral Robotic Surgery from Asan Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea.
- Dr Katna’s areas of expertise and interest include Head & Neck Surgery, Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, Endoscopic Thyroid Surgery, Endolaryngeal Surgical Procedures, Skull Base Surgery, Transoral Robotic Surgery, and Minimal Access Procedures for the Thyroid.
- He is the first Surgeon who leads the team to perform Free Thyroid Transfer in India.
- He is a Director of the Artificial Intelligence Programme for Oncology – media.in.
- Dr Katna is running a National Fellowship for Head & Neck Surgery under AEGIS of the Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology (FHNO).
- He has numerous National and International Research Papers and Presentations to his credit.
Dr Rakesh Katna
Book Your Appointment
Degree: MBBS, MS, MCh (Surgical Oncology)
Experience: 18 years of experience
About Dr Rakesh Katna
More about Dr Rakesh Katna
- MBBS- Indira Gandhi Medical College & Hospital, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- MS (General Surgery)- Grant Govt. Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- MCh (Surgical Oncology)- Grant Govt. Medical College & Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- Fellowship (Head & Neck Surgery)- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Fellowship (Endoscopic Thyroid Surgery)- National Centre Of Endocrinology, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Fellowship (Robotic Surgery (TORS))- Asan Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea
List of Treatments
- Minimal Access procedures for Thyroid
- Head and Neck Oncosurgery
- Endoscopic Thyroid Cancer Surgery
- Microvascular Reconstruction
- Mouth Cancer Surgery
- Nose Cancer Surgery
- Throat Cancer Surgery
- Larynx Cancer Surgery
- Maxillary Sinus Treatment
- Salivary Gland Cancer Surgery
- Lip Cancer Surgery
- Tongue Cancer Surgery
- Nasopharynx Cancer Surgery
- Hard Palate Cancer Surgery
- Conservative Surgery for Axillary Lymph Nodes
- Sentinel Node Biopsy using Radiocolloid and Isosulfan Blue Dye
- 4 Node Axillary Sampling (Anatomic)