- Dr Ramen Goel is currently associated as the Director of General, Laparoscopic, and Bariatric Surgery at New Age Wockhardt Hospitals, Mumbai Central, Maharashtra.
- He is a renowned General, Bariatric, and Metabolic Surgeon with vast experience of more than 35 years.
- He has received his training in Gastric Band from Lyon (France), Gastric Bypass from Laussane (Switzerland), Sleeve Gastrectomy from Perth (Australia), Banded Bypass from Los Angeles (USA), Adolescent Bariatrics from Cincinnati (USA), Robotic Surgery from Buffalo (USA), and Ileal Transposition from Goiania (Brazil)
- Dr Goel has received a Diploma in Gastro-Intestinal Surgery from the Postgraduate Medical Institute, University of Vienna, Austria.
- He has received his training in General Surgery from Bombay Hospital & Medical Research Center, Mumbai, by Prof. V.N. Shrikhande.
- In 2000, he was the first Surgeon in Mumbai to start performing Bariatric Surgery.
- In 2002, he was the key contributor in the establishment of the Department of Bariatric Surgery at Bombay Hospital & Medical Research Center, Mumbai.
- Dr Goel is an honourable faculty in all annual meetings of the Obesity Surgery Society of India since its inception.
- He is the first Master Bariatric Surgeon from Asia accredited with Bariatric and Metabolic Surgeon of Excellence by Surgical Review Corporation, USA.
- He is the first surgeon to perform India’s first Gastric Band, First Banded Gastric Bypass, and first Mini Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery.
- Dr Goel is an honourable member of the International Review Committee, Surgical Review Corporation, USA.
- He is the Co-Chief Editor of the Journal of Obesity and Metabolic Research.
- He is the Editor of the Journal of Minimal Access Surgery.
Dr Ramen Goel
Book Your Appointment
About Dr Ramen Goel
More about Dr Ramen Goel
- MBBS- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (Aligarh Muslim University), Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
- MS (General Surgery)- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (Aligarh Muslim University), Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
- Fellowship (GI Surgery)- International College of Surgeons, Chicago, USA
- Fellowship (Minimally Access Surgery)- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons (IAGES)
- Fellowship (Advanced Laparoscopic &Bariatric Surgery)- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons (IAGES)
- Diploma (Abdominal Surgery)- Postgraduate Medical Institute, University of Vienna, Austria
- Fellowship (Obesity & Bariatric Surgery)- International Federation for Surgery of Obesity
List of Treatments
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
- Basic Laparoscopic Surgery
- Gall bladder Surgery
- Hernia Repair Surgery
- Foregut Surgery
- Lap Hernia Surgery
- Transabdominal Preperitoneal Repair (TAPP)
- Totally Intraperitoneal Repair (TEP)
- Extended Totally Extraperitoneal Repair (eTEP)
- Transverses Abdominis Muscle Release (TAR)
- Intraperitoneal Onlay Mesh (IPOM)
- Bariatric Surgery
- Gastric Balloon
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastric Bypass
- Metabolic Surgery
- Mini Gastric Bypass
- Duodenal-Jejunal Bypass with the sleeve (LDJB-S)