- Dr Ravi Mohanka is currently associated as the Chief Surgeon and Head of the Department of Liver Transplant and Hepato-Biliary Surgery at Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Mumbai.
- He has a thriving experience of more than 22 years in the field of Liver Transplant and Hepato-Biliary Surgery.
- He has successfully performed more than 1500 Liver Transplants so far with an excellent rate of recovery.
- Dr Mohanka has successfully established Western India’s leading Liver Transplant Program with the best outcomes in the region.
- He is an avid researcher and has published more than 50 articles in National and International Medical Journals.
- He has more than 5 Book Chapters and over 250 Scientific Papers to his credit.
- Dr Mohanka has fulfilled more than 200 faculty commitments in several National and International Conferences.
- He is a teaching faculty and has trained numerous surgeons in the field of Hepato-Biliary Surgery and Liver Transplant.
- He is the first Surgeon to Perform India’s first successful Intestinal Transplant.
- Dr Mohanka has received his training in Regenerative Medicine from Nichi-In Centre for Regenerative Medicine in association with the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Canada.
- He has received his training in Laparoscopic and Robotic Liver & HPB Surgery from Germany and Italy.
- He is an honourable member of various reputed Medical Associations and Organizations, such as the American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS), The Transplantation Society (TTS), the International Liver Transplant Society (ILTS), the International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (IHPBA), the Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT), the Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG), and the Indian National Association for Study of Liver diseases (INASL), to name a few.
Dr Ravi Mohanka
Book Your Appointment
About Dr Ravi Mohanka
More about Dr Ravi Mohanka
- MBBS- Government Medical College and Hospital, Nagpur, Maharashtra
- MS (General Surgery)- Government Medical College and Hospital, Nagpur, Maharashtra
- DNB (General Surgery)- National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- Clinical Fellowship (Transplant Surgery)- Strong Memorial Hospital, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
- ASTS Clinical Fellowship (Abdominal Transplantation)- Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, USA
List of Treatments
- Basic and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Liver and Pancreatic Resections
- Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis
- Reoperative Surgery
- Repair of Bile Duct Injury
- Surgery for Portal Hypertension
- Surgery in Chronic Liver Disease
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Oesophagus Cancer Surgery
- Stomach Cancer Surgery
- Cystic Lesions of the Pancreas
- Surgery for Corrosive Stricture Esophagus
- Laparoscopic Surgery for GERD
- Laparoscopic Surgery Hiatus Hernia
- Laparoscopic Surgery Achalasia Cardia
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Living Donor Liver Transplant
- Cadaveric Liver Transplant
- Liver Cancer Surgeries
- Gall Bladder Cancer Surgeries
- Bile Duct Cancer Surgeries