- Dr Sampada Dessai is currently associated as the Senior Consultant in the Department of Surgical Oncology at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai.
- She holds a thriving experience of more than 11 years in Surgical Gynaec and Breast Oncology.
- She has received her clinical training in Gynaec-Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- Dr Dessai established the Department of Breast and Gynaec-Oncology at Malabar Cancer Centre, Thalassery, Kerala.
- She is one of the pioneers in Distress Research in India, and her work on distress has led to regular screening for distress among patients in many parts of India.
- Her areas of expertise include Surgical procedures for Cervical Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Endometrial Cancer, and Breast Cancer.
- Dr Dessai has successfully performed more than 1500 Breast Cancer Surgeries and has managed over 2000 Gynaecological Cancer patients.
- She has published her innovative work in Ovarian Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Breast Cancer, and Endometrial in several peer-reviewed journals.
- She has delivered several Lectures and Presentations and has participated in multiple panel discussions at many National and International forums.
- Dr Dessai has authored several chapters in a major Oncology textbook published recently on Breast and Endometrial Cancers.
- She is an active member in multiple National and International Societies and Associations of Oncology.
Dr Sampada Dessai
Book Your Appointment
About Dr Sampada Dessai
More about Dr Sampada Dessai
- MBBS- Goa Medical College, Bambolim, Goa
- MS (Obstetrics and Gynaecology)- Goa Medical College, Bambolim, Goa
- Fellowship (Gynaec Oncology)- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- IGCS Travel Fellowship- London Health Sciences Centre, Ontario, Canada
List of Treatments
- Screening and Management of Premalignant Lesions of Cervix, Vulva, and Vagina
- Cytoreductive Surgeries for Primary and Recurrent Ovarian Cancer
- Radical Vulvectomy
- Groin Node Dissection
- Fertility Sparing Management of Gynaecological Cancers
- Exenteration (Total/Anterior/posterior) for Advanced and Recurrent Cancers
- Radical and Ultraradical Cytoreductive Surgeries
- Interval Cytoreductive Surgeries
- Vulval/Vaginal Cancer Surgery
- Breast Cancer Surgery
- Treatment of Advanced/Recurrent Gynaecological Cancer
- Minimally invasive ( Laparoscopic/ Robotic) surgery
- Fertility Preservation in Women Cancer
- Treatment for Cancer in Pregnancy
- Management of Pre-Cancerous and Non-Cancerous Gynaecological Condition
- Nerve-Sparing Radical Hysterectomy
- Type 1, 2 and 3 Hysterectomy with Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection
- Hysterectomy with or without Pelvic and Paraaortic Lymph Node Dissection
- Modified Radical Mastectomy with Lymph Node Dissection
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- Breast Conservative Surgery