- Dr. Shankar Acharya is currently associated Senior Consultant of Spinal Surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
- Dr. Acharya is a renowned Spinal Neurosurgeon with an experience of more than 34 years.
- He completed his M.B.B.S. in 1984 and M.S. (Orthopaedics) in 1987 from SCB Medical College, Cuttack. Further, he did D.N.B. (Orthopaedics) in 1993 from the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, followed by M.Ch (Orthopaedics) from the University of Liverpool.
- He holds membership in several associations including the Association of spine surgeons of India, Indian Orthopaedic Association, World Orthopaedic Concern, Bombay Orthopaedic Association, Indian Foot Society and Delhi Orthopaedic Association.
- He is credited for performing more than 20000 complex orthopaedics & spine surgeries with an excellent recovery rate.
- He is skilled in performing Complex Spine Surgery With or without instrumentation, Reconstructive Surgery, Spinal Cord Tumor Surgery and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery.
- Dr. Acharya has published more than 300 articles in National and International medical journals.
Dr Shankar Acharya
Book Your Appointment
About Dr Shankar Acharya
More about Dr Shankar Acharya
- M.B.B.S.- SCB Medical College, Cuttack (1985)
- M.S. (Orthopaedics)- SCB Medical College, Cuttack (1990)
- D.N.B. (Orthopaedics)- National Board of Examinations, New Delhi – 1993
- M.Ch (Orthopaedics)- University of Liverpool, UK (1996)
- FRCS- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- FRCS- Royal College of Surgeons & Physicians of Glasgow
- FRCS- Inter Collegiate Board of Royal colleges UK
List of Treatments
- Balloon Kyphoplasty
- Cervical Plating
- Injections For Your Back & Neck
- Lumbar Fixation
- Lumbar Microdiscectomy
- Spinal Stenosis: Lumbar & Cervical