- Dr Shobna Bhatia is currently associated as the Senior Consultant in the Department of Gastroenterology at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai.
- She is a notable Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist with vast experience of more than 32 years.
- Dr Bhatia is a key contributor in establishing the Motility Services at King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai, to treat Swallowing Disorders and Anorectal Diseases.
- Her expertise lies in the management of Functional Gastrointestinal Diseases, Solid-State Manometry with Impedance, pHmetry, and Breath-Testing.
- Dr Bhatia is the recipient of Unichem Lectureship in Gastroenterology and the Indian Society of Gastroenterology Olympus Mitra Award for Endoscopy.
- She has been a member of the Asian Barrett’s Consortium for Barrett’s Esophagus and Asian Pacific Consensus Meetings on the management of Gastro-Oesophagal reflux disease.
- Dr Bhatia has authored numerous important papers and book chapters on oesophagal motility, gastro-oesophagal reflux disease, irritable bowel syndrome, oesophagal diseases, and dyspepsia.
- She is an Editor Emeritus of the Editorial Board of the Indian Journal of Gastroenterology.
- Dr Bhatia is also an editorial board member and reviewer in various reputed National and International Journals in Gastroenterology.
- She is involved as faculty in several workshops on Scientific Communication and Research Methodology.
Dr Shobna Bhatia
Book Your Appointment
Degree: MBBS, MD, DNB (Gastroenterology)
Experience: 32 years of experience
About Dr Shobna Bhatia
More about Dr Shobna Bhatia
- MD- Internal Medicine
- DNB (Gastroenterology)- King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Fellowship (Oesophageal Motility and pH)- Philadelphia, USA (under Dr Donald O Castell)
List of Treatments
- Management of End-stage Liver Disease
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Fatty Liver Disease (NASH)
- Management of Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Luminal Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy (EGD)
- Variceal Banding (Sclerotherapy)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic FNA
- Percutaneous Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Colonoscopy – Diagnostic and Therapeutic
- Pancreatic Pseudocyst Drainage