- Dr Shweta Bansal is currently associated as the Senior Consultant of Paediatric Haemato-Oncology at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai.
- She possesses a vast experience of more than 23 years in Paediatric Haemato-Oncology.
- In 2008, she was awarded the prestigious Fellowship award at SIOP Berlin to present an Oral paper on the role of Metronomic Therapy in Acute Promyelocytic Leukaemia.
- In 2010, Dr Bansal was awarded the best paper award at the St. Jude Viva Conference, Singapore, to eliminate Cranial Radiation from Childhood Leukaemia Protocol and show excellent results by treating with Chemotherapy alone.
- She has received an award for the best poster presentation at Leukaemia Conference for “Incorporation of High Dose Cytarabine improves the outcome of children and young adults with non-T-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia” held at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- She has also received an award for abstract “Clinical Presentation and Outcome of Children with diffuse large B-Cell Lymphoma treated with a uniform short-duration intensive protocol in India” held at the 39th SIOP Meeting.
- Dr Bansal is an Executive Member of the Marrow Donor Registry of India.
- She is Treasurer for the Paediatric Haemato-Oncology Chapter of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP).
- She has been the Editor in Chief of the South Asian Journal Of Cancer, PubMed Indexed.
- Dr Bansal has been the Editor for the Newsletter, Marrow Donor Registry Of India.
- She holds the professional membership of various reputed medical associations, including the Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP), the International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOP), the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO), the Indian Cooperative Oncology Network (ICON), the Paediatric Hemato-Oncology, Chapter of IAP (PHO-IAP), the American Society of Hematology (ASH), the Associate member of Viva Asia BMT Group, the Member Indian Stem Cell Transplant Registry (ISCTR), and the Indian Paediatric Oncology Group (InPOG).
- In 2010, she was complimented by the Society of Oncology, Patna, for her work in the field of Paediatric Oncology.
Dr Shweta Bansal
Book Your Appointment
About Dr Shweta Bansal
More about Dr Shweta Bansal
- MBBS- Government Medical College and Hospital, Jammu
- DNB (Paediatrics) Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Fellowship (Paediatric Oncology)- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- IOP Fellowship- St Jude Children’s Hospital, USA
- Fellowship (Bone Marrow Transplant)- National University Hospital, Singapore
List of Treatments
- Bone Marrow Aspirate
- Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Lumbar Puncture (Spinal Tap)
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Histiocytic Disorders
- Treatment for Major Thalassemia
- Management of Sickle Cell Disease
- Tumour Immunology