- Dr Sonia Nankani is currently associated as the Senior Consultant of Ophthalmology and Corneal Transplant Surgery at Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Mumbai.
- She is a renowned Ophthalmologist and Corneal Transplant Surgeon with vast experience of more than 30 years.
- She has received her training in Cornea and Retina Surgery from L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Dr Nankani is well-known for performing No-Patch Phaco-Emulsification Cataract Surgery and Lasik Surgery.
- She is the first Ophthalmologist in Maharashtra to perform Tooth In Eye Surgery (Modified Osteo Odento Keratoprosthesis).
- Since 2008, she has successfully treated more than 18 Blind People with Bilateral Corneal Disease using Tooth In Eye Surgery (Modified Osteo Odento Keratoprosthesis).
- Dr Nankani is also the first Ophthalmologist to perform Limbal Stem Cell Transplant Surgery in the city of Mumbai using Autologous Cultivated Stem Cells in a Child.
- She is an honourable member of various reputed Medical Associations and Organizations.
Dr Sonia Nankani
Book Your Appointment
About Dr Sonia Nankani
More about Dr Sonia Nankani
- MBBS- Mangalore University, Konaje, Karnataka
- MS (Ophthalmology)- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Karnataka
- Fellowship (Cornea and Microsurgery)- L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, Telangana
List of Treatments
- Phacoemulsification Cataract Surgery
- Lasers for Medical Retina
- Vitreoretinal Surgery
- Refractive Laser Surgery
- MICS (Micro-Incision Cataract Surgery)
- Glaucoma Surgery-Trabeculectomy with MMC
- Congenital Glaucoma
- Pterygium with Autograft
- Botox Injection for all types of functional Disorders
- Ptosis Surgery
- Frontalis Sling
- Ectropion Correction
- Entropion Correction
- External DCR
- Probing for Congenital NLD Obstruction
- OSSN Management
- Anterior Orbitotomy
- Evisceration with Implant
- Enucleation with Implant
- Cataract Surgery
- Dry Eye Management
- Chalazion Removal Surgery
- Osteo-Odonto Keratoprosthesis (OOKP)