- Dr Suresh Joshi is currently associated as the Director of Adult & Paediatric Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery at Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai.
- He is a renowned Adult & Paediatric Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon with vast experience of more than 46 years.
- Currently, he is also associated as the Director of Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery at New Age Wockhardt Hospitals, Mumbai Central, Maharashtra.
- He has received his training in Adult Cardiac Surgery from Royal Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia.
- Dr Joshi has received his training in Paediatric Cardiac Surgery from Royal Children Hospital, Melbourne, Australia and St. Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney.
- He is the First Surgeon to establish Open Heart Surgery in Neonates and Infants in Mumbai, India.
- He is the First Surgeon to introduce Minimally Invasive and Thoracoscopic Cardiac Surgery in India.
- In November 1995, Dr Joshi was the First Surgeon in Mumbai to perform Beating Heart Coronary Bypass Surgery on an adult at the Cumballa Heart Institute, Mumbai, India.
- In 2008, he was the First Surgeon in Mumbai to perform Beating Heart Coronary Bypass Surgery on a Newborn Baby at Fortis Hospital, Mumbai, India.
- He is the First Surgeon in Mumbai to perform Hybrid Coronary Bypass Procedure at the Holy Family Hospital and Medical Research Center, Mumbai, India.
- Dr Joshi has conducted several Live Workshops on Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery and Hybrid Coronary Procedures.
- He has established and is managing a charitable Rural Heart Surgery Program in a Village of Maharashtra.
- He has performed more than 16,000 Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Surgeries in both Adult and Children with an excellent rate of recovery.
- In 2009, Dr Joshi was honoured with the Harvard University International Award for Medical Excellence in India.
- He is an honourable member of numerous Medical Associations, such as the International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeons (ISMICS), the World Society of Paediatric & Congenital Heart Surgeons, the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS, USA), the Association of Cardiovascular Surgeons of Asia, the Indian Medical Association, the Paediatric Cardiac Society of India, the Vascular Society of India, the Cardiological Society of India, and the Association of Medical Consultants (Mumbai, India).
Dr Suresh Joshi
Book Your Appointment
Degree: MBBS, MS, MCh (CTVS)
Experience: 46 years of experience
About Dr Suresh Joshi
More about Dr Suresh Joshi
- MBBS- Dr Vaishampayan Memorial Govt Medical College, Solapur, Maharashtra, India
- MS (General Surgery)- University of Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- MS (Cardiothoracic Surgery)- University of Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- MCh- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Fellowship- Indian Association Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons
- Fellowship- American College of Chest Physicians, USA
- Fellowship- International College of Surgeons
List of Treatments
- Aortic Root Surgery
- Aortic Valve Repair
- Aortic Valve Replacement
- Atrial Fibrillation Ablation
- Atrial Flutter Ablation
- Cardiac Ablation
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Congenital Heart Disease Surgery
- Coronary Bypass Surgery
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
- Heart Transplant
- Heart Valve Surgery
- Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (ICDs)
- Lung Transplant
- Lung Volume Reduction Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Mitral Valve Replacement
- Neonatal and Paediatric Heart Surgery
- Nonpharmacological Arrhythmia Therapy
- Percutaneous Valve Procedures
- Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy
- Pulmonary Valve Repair and Replacement
- Ross Procedure
- Maze Surgery
- Mediastinal Tumour Surgery
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Tricuspid Valve Repair
- Tricuspid Valve Replacement
- Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)
- Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS)