- Dr. Suresh Rao is currently associated as the Director of Children’s Heart Center & Paediatric Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai.
- He is a renowned Paediatric Congenital Heart Surgeon and Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeon with vast experience of more than 35 years.
- In June 2009, he set up the Children’s Heart Centre at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital.
- Dr. Rao has successfully performed more than 12,000 surgeries across all age groups and with all forms of complexities.
- His Clinical Expertise lies in performing Modified Ultrafiltration after Congenital Heart Surgery, Neonatal & Infant Heart Surgeries for Complex Heart Defects, and newer Techniques of Cardiopulmonary Bypass for Congenital Heart Corrections.
- From 2009-2011 he was the President of the Paediatric Cardiac Society of India.
- From 2014-2015 he was a Senior Vice-President of the Indian Association of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS).
- From 2015-2016 he was the President of the Indian Association of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS).
- Dr. Rao is a Speaker and Invited Faculty at several National and International Conferences.
- He has 40 Publications in International & National Journals to his credit.
- He holds the Life Membership & Past Presidentship of the Paediatric Cardiac Society of India and the Indian Association of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS).
- He holds the professional membership of the European Association of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons.
- Dr. Rao also holds the membership of the World Society of Paediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery.
- He also holds a membership of the Paediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society and the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO).
Dr Suresh Rao
Book Your Appointment
About Dr Suresh Rao
More about Dr Suresh Rao
- MBBS-Grant Medical College & JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- MS (General Surgery)-Grant Medical College & JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- MCh (Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery)-Sree Chitra Institute of Science & Technology, Trivandrum, Kerala
- DNB-Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery
- Fellowship (Congenital Heart Surgery)-University of Alabama, Birmingham
- Fellowship- Indian Association of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons
- Fellowship- College of Physician and Surgeons, Mumbai
List of Treatments
- Simple and Complex Arterial Switch Operations
- Repair of Hypoplastic & Interrupted Arches
- AP (Aortopulmonary) Window
- Common AV Canals
- Obstructed Total Anomalous Pulmonary Veins
- Redo Surgery after Arterial Switch
- Norwood Operation
- Ross-Konno Operation
- Complex Congenital Heart Corrections
- Complex Intraventricular Tunneling
- Nikaidoh (Aortic) Root Translocation
- Ross Procedure
- ALCAPA (Anomalous Left Coronary Artery from the Pulmonary Artery) Correction
- Potts Shunt for PAH (Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension)
- Redo Repairs