- Dr. Suresh Vijan is currently associated as the Senior Consultant of Interventional Cardiology at Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai.
- He is a renowned Interventional Cardiologist with a vast experience of more than 40 years.
- He has been actively involved in developing Catheter Ablation Techniques for the Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias and setting up Cardiac Arrhythmia services in Leicester.
- Dr. Vijan has pioneered the Implantation of an Automatic Cardiovascular Defibrillator for Malignant Ventricular Arrhythmia in the UK.
- He is the first doctor in Mumbai who successfully implanted the 1st AICD (Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator).
- He has also pioneered the technique of Dual-Chamber Pacing in India.
- He is the first Cardiologist in India who implanted a Biventricular Pacemaker for Heart Failure Patients.
- Dr. Vijan has been designed as a Proctor for training Cardiologists in the technique of Coronary Angioplasty with Stent Implantation.
- He has conducted several live training Programmes in Angioplasty in China and Vietnam.
- In 1997, he was the key contributor to introduce the technique of Septal Ablation for Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy.
- Dr. Vijan was the first to perform AXXESS Birfurcation Stenting in Asia and has been designated as a Proctor for AXXESS Birfurcation Stents.
- He has Performed the first Multivessel Angioplasty and the first Left Main Drug-Eluting stenting in Mumbai.
Dr Suresh Vijan
Book Your Appointment
About Dr Suresh Vijan
More about Dr Suresh Vijan
- Fellowship- American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- Fellowship- European Society of Cardiology (FESC)
- Fellowship- Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (FSCAI)
- Fellowship- Endovascular Interventional Society of India (FEISI)
List of Treatments
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Implantation of Intracoronary Stents
- Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy
- Cardiac Catheterisation
- Angiography (both Paediatric & Adult)
- Coronary Angioplasty with a Stent
- Vascular Angioplasty
- Electro Physiology Investigations
- Catheter Ablation
- Implantation of Permanent Pacemakers.
- Coronary Thrombectomy
- Atrial Septal Defects (ASD) Repair
- Ventricular Septal Defects (VSD) Repair
- Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD)